Gaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC specifications and problems

4 posters

Go down

PC specifications and problems Empty PC specifications and problems

Post  vab Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am

Here we can talk about our PC and other stuffs related including problems and troubleshooting.

OK I will start then.My friend is going to buy a new graphics card and he is confused between GEFORCE 8800 GT or GS or GTX.As whichone is better or more reliable.
vab
vab
Nintendo Gamecube

Number of posts : 217
Warning :
PC specifications and problems Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PC specifications and problems Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

PC specifications and problems Empty Re: PC specifications and problems

Post  Conscriptsix Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 am

I have a 8800 GTS 320mb and I would recommend it over the GT, M fps on high end games is around 40fps on usually Max settings, Setting on average I get about 80fps and on old games such as ones made in 2004 etc I get like over 100
Conscriptsix
Conscriptsix
Java Games

Number of posts : 17
Warning :
PC specifications and problems Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PC specifications and problems Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  vab Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 am

Ok thats good.
I need more information on the other graphics cards can other people here tell me about the other two versions I mentioned above.
vab
vab
Nintendo Gamecube

Number of posts : 217
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loetkoe Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm bad in computer stuff Laughing What a Face
Loetkoe
Loetkoe

Number of posts : 794
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Conscriptsix Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:39 am

The GTX is basically the top of series so It would be the most advised card to get because of the power over the other card in the series but it is much more expensive, The GS is around the same as the GTS but I think that the GT is higher than both, so if you looknig for a good card I suggestto go with the GT unless you want to fork out Alot more money and go for the GTX

Also, It depends on how many pci slots you have because some card nowdays take up two slots like mine and I only had one more free to place in my sound card, so If you use alot of PCI slots, you'll need to check this up to see if it would fit inside your machine
Conscriptsix
Conscriptsix
Java Games

Number of posts : 17
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  A_C_Muller Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 am

My rig is old at 7 this Oct.25,08. But I have replaced all but 5 items in/on it.

I plan on buying a new computer this Jan. 2009, provided there is a Federal Election here in Oct. 2008 I can buy a better one after working for a day as a polling clerk.

A_C_Muller
Java Games

Number of posts : 28
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down